About this role
We’re hiring a Ship Manager for our client, a large Canadian shipbuilder and in-service support provider. This is a permanent, full-time role with relocation services available.
- Management and technical analysis of production, test, and integration processes;
- Identify and evaluate shipyard production metrics and contribute to developing technical solutions for production engineering and design challenges;
- Provide technical and managerial oversight on board ship by monitoring production processes;
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements;
- Weekly status updates on ships progress and direct communication with workforce to meet project schedule;
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness;
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies.
- 10+ years relevant production management experience in naval ship new construction;
- Previous experience managing and leading a team of managers, supervisors, and production employees is required;
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training or extensive shipbuilding experience in lieu of post-secondary credentials;
- Applicants must have strong multi-disciplinary skills and a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner;
- Excellent Organization skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strong understanding of Engineering environments.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement