About this role
About this role
The expectations associated with a Principal Consultant are as follows:• Recognised by senior-level executives, who routinely and proactively seek the advice of COMPANY, as a professional providing valuable advice in setting strategy and solving problems
• Access to the strategic, process engineering, and planning departments of a client (executive suite, strategy, business development)• Understand the broad macro-economic issues impacting the client’s markets and is able to speak articulately with the client about these issues. Relates economic performance to technical performance of assets
• Proactively provides perspectives to assist the client in achieving their strategic objectives• Build a solid business relationship with mutual respect with peers and clients
• Understands the breadth of COMPANY services; helps design solutions and avoids silos• Grows the account (s) for the long-term
• Act as a role model for using company systems, managing projects and conducting business
As a developer of business:The expectations of a Principal Consultant in the COMPANY organisation are as follows:
• Ability to provide a perspective around the clients’ business/industry.• Ability to uncover clients’ aspirations and afflictions.
• Ability to quantify and paint the “so what?” picture (“So what if aspirations are/are not met?”, “So what if affliction not cured?” – quantify the impact of not acting).• Helping potential clients to understand exactly what they get when they work with COMPANY, and then communicating this benefit to other people involved in the buying decision.
• Create a new reality that will be the best for your client, given the client’s specific aspirations and afflictions and the impact of doing (or not doing) something about them.
Principal Consultant as a Project Manager:• Effectively manage projects (seller/doer), which include requesting the required skills in terms of team members, regularly attend client briefings, monitoring and managing actual hours versus budget hours, addresses over-run concerns, and effectively delivers project deliverables to clients.
• Manage and mentor consultants assigned to the project, make contributions in the particular field of subject matter expertise, be conversant and proficient of the tools and models used to direct their direct reports in the use of the tools.• Maintain consistent, high-level of quality in projects performed.
• Understand the economic drivers of a project. Sets/updates the project targets reflecting commitments of the contract in conjunction with Business Line Management• Be accountable for client satisfaction.
• Ability to identify and provide advice on business issues (whether in scope or not – big picture).• Establish Project Plan. Employs COMPANY’s established methods and tools, adapted for the specific site’s needs
• Defines resourcing requirements and work to be done by the individual team members• Communicates with Client at working level to ensure streamlined execution, that client is clear about what has and is going to be done
• Reviews progress/plans/actions with the Head of Global Consulting• Prepares the COMPANY in-house data for financial reporting of project performance
• Provide and drive recommendations for improvement, document lessons learnt, and complete a client case study at the conclusion of a project.• An understanding of how Digital Transformation will impact a client’s business and the ability to apply this to project delivery.
• Previous experience of direct day to day operational/lead process engineering responsibilities on medium to large scale projects• Has domain expertise in the hydrocarbon/energy industry and a working knowledge of the business principles pertinent to either refining, upstream or petrochemical operations. The ability to converse credibly and in depth in these areas with CxO stakeholders is essential.
• Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines within budget and achievement of planned margins• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (excellent English skills, both written and oral) and the ability to deal with colleagues and clients professionally at all levels within client and company organisation
• Demonstrate ability to build rapport with individuals (including Senior Client executives)• Ability to work well in team environment under supervision and willingness to assist others
• Proven track record of building effective teams• Ability to travel on both an international basis and domestic basis
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Catherine Kay Turnbull is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Catherine Kay Turnbull
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai