About this role
PDMS Administrator is accountable for Project Administration and Set up, Access Control, Back up creation, Merging / Replicating Project and shall have expertise in all modules of PDMS (ADMIN, PARAGON, SPECON, LEXICON, ISODRAFT, SPOOLER & DRAFT), Reports Customization, ISODRAFT Customization, DRAFT Administration in accordance with project requirements within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Piping Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities of the PDMS Administrator shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the 3D Model Administration activities on projects, tenders under the direction of Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager;
- Understands the scope of each project and has the capability to create PDMS database structures that will enable the 3D design and subsequent creation of deliverables from the project databases;
- Establish procedures/specifications for projects and company standards relating to use of PDMS;
- Project Set up, database and ACR (Access Control Rights) creation, DICE Checking, Reconfiguration Techniques;
- Environment variable settings & ALS (AVEVA Licensing System) configuration;
- Thorough knowledge and experience with the Catalogue and Specification database, Dictionary database & Property database;
- Isometric customization as per the requirements (including Border file, Symbols, attributes, etc.,);
- Draft (GAD) customisation (Sheet library, Styles, Rules, Symbol library, Isodraft Symbol Library, Labels customisation, Auto tagging, Auto dimensioning and automatic drawing production techniques);
- Report configuration (e.g. COG, Weight, MTO);
- MDS configuration and MDS Drawing customisation;
- Interface with IT Teams for the architecture supporting PDMS;
- Develop suitable applications to improve deliverables quality and reduce engineering time, Impart training as and when required to the designers on various applications of the software, Conduct software upgrade training, Design access database based applications by linking data from 3D Model;
- Arrange and co-ordinate the issue of various deliverables from the 3D model such as Material Take Offs, Surface Area Reports, Insulation Volume Reports, weight and Centre of Gravity reports, General Arrangement Drawings and Pipe Support Sketches;
- Review and check Models and database from other parties/execution offices at periodic intervals, report inconsistencies and carry out systematic integration;
- Setup 3D Model review meetings with other offices and customers;
- Develop and review procedures for CAD related activities, generate PDMS standards, co-ordinate with sellers for training/customization for new software purchases, liaise with designers so as to improve the software efficiency, and co-ordinate between designers and sellers on errors;
- Co-ordination between the disciplines on license requirements for the projects, assist with the forecast and optimization of the license costs, and to manage the software usage hours;
- Prepare PDMS 3D Model backups, maintain PDMS project history, archive the past projects, compacting the Projects to manageable size etc;
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients;
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Minimum of 10- 20 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical engineering from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector.
- Should have experience with PDMS Global Project Set up (HUB & Satellite)
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of software like PDMS 12.1 SP5/SP6, Cadworks, Autocad, Microstation, Navisworks etc. Further exposure and experience with Oracle, Fortran, C Languages, PDMS PML Programming, LISP and Visual Basic would be advantageous.
- Engineer shall interface with other disciplines especially Piping, Structural, Electrical & Instrumentation etc. Basic knowledge of all discipline documents and drawings would be beneficial.
- Project Setup, Equipment Modeling, Piping Modeling, Piping Spec Writing, Customization of Piping
- Reference Data, Isometric Extraction & Customization, Drawing Manager, Report Manager, 2D Module,
- Project Administration, RIS Administration & Trouble Shooting, Database Creation, Database backup & Restore, SQL Statements, Import Data into MS Access & MS Excel
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB255609
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching PDMS Administrator - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to