About this role
We’re hiring a seasoned Software expert for a permanent opportunity with our highly successful state of the art manufacturing client located in Montreal, Quebec who create physical simulation consoles.
They have already empowered over 2 million surgeons worldwide to perfect over 260 surgical procedures using this state of the art virtual and augmented reality technologies.
This is a office based role, located in Montreal Quebec.
- Oversee the software development of authoring tools for simulation development with haptic feedback controllers within Unreal Engine and Unity;
- Lead and manage the software team while influencing design requirements from the hardware team;
- The ideal candidate will be very knowledgeable in VR simulations . They will have a solid technical background while demonstrating the ability to manage and motivate people. They will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to resolve issues with previous experience supporting a startup setting.
Work in a cross-disciplinary collaborative role at the interstrip of robotics and gaming/simulation
Oversee the software development of authoring tools for simulation development with haptic feedback controllers within Unreal Engine and Unity
Collaborate with researchers developing simulation and optimization tools to improve haptic system performance
- The candidate must possess and demonstrate the following:
- 10+ years of hands of technical experience in a similar capacity;
- Managed projects at a AAA studio;
- Worked on serious games / simulations;
- Agile / scrum;
- Code review;
- Setting up and using CI / CD;
- Deploying and maintaining software systems;
- Adherence to best practices;
- Knowledge of: Unreal Engine, Unity, C/C++, C#;
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or similar;
- Project management and leadership capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communications. Able to communicate;
- ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Accomplished team builder, motivator, coach and mentor;
- Strong customer-service orientation;
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail;
- Leadership skills and ability to negotiate complex issues with stakeholders having cross functional interests and priorities;
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 44 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyAbout us
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto