About this role
Our client is seeking a Junior Planner – Steel Cutter for a Full-Time, contract opportunity. This is a six month contract opportunity with the potential for extension or conversion to a permanent staff position.
The Junior Detail Planner - Steel Cutting is responsible for developing detailed plans, schedules and work packages for Production trades. The role requires the development, scheduling and budgeting of work packages that integrate material and labour resources in support of program milestones and financial goals.
- Utilizes build strategy output (block breakdown, erection sequence, zone definition, and block, grand block and test strategies) to develop detailed production and testing work packages for all production trades.
- Implementation of vessel work breakdown structure in accordance with defined build strategy to establish cost accounts.
- Develops production work packages that include production information, material lists and work instructions required for production execution.
- Coordinates trade input into work instructions and work packages to reflect preferred production methods and processes.
- Schedules production work packages within windows defined by the Program Office (milestone, key event and zone schedules) to ensure Production and Program are aligned and in sync.
- Budgets production work packages based on contract estimates and historical trade performance to create baselines for production work.
- Develops, schedules and budgets warehousing work packages with dates for kitting release to the warehouse and for delivery to production.
- Input of work package schedules and budgets into VSY’s MRP system to support the collection of data for the cost accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Trades Certificate combined with sufficient employment experience may be considered.
- 3+ years’ experience in planning and/or production control at a large manufacturing firm, ideally in the shipbuilding industry, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Certification by an accredited society in Planning, Production Control and/or Project Management is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of shipbuilding operations with a detailed understanding of the relationship between procurement, design, production and test operations.
- Proficiency working with independent planning systems including Primavera P6 (preferred) and Microsoft Project.
- Proficiency working with CAD/CAM software suite including Ship Constructor (preferred) and AutoCAD.
- Experience using an ERP system in a large manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of EVMS principles and their application in monitoring, reporting and controlling work activities.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement