About this role
- Provides Process engineering leadership and expertise while supervising and administering Process team;
- Maintains close liaison with appropriate members of Engineering Team (EIT / Site Engineering, Offshore Structures, and Pipelines) and gains alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements;
- Owns the preparation and stewardship of Process engineering scope of work in contract and recommends design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule;
- Accountable for maintaining technical alignment with COMPANY Operations;
- Provides Process engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship;
- Leads the Masters Deliverables Register (MDR) including creation and approval and owns the planning and scheduling of the Process deliverables to enable efficient project execution;
- Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Process engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule;
- Leads the timely delivery of technical attachments and Process scope description to all purchase orders and owns the technical attachments and scope description to all Topsides fabrication and construction contracts;
- Leads the timely delivery of technical deliverables related to Flow Assurance activities for intrafield pipelines and works closely with EPC Pipeline project team;
- Leads Process engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
- General understanding of mechanical equipment and piping disciplines. Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary teams;
- Accountable for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Process engineering and design lessons learned for the current project;
- Assesses contractor capability and recommends additional technical support to address gaps;
- Responsible for the Process engineering schedule and related milestones; recommends and supports recovery plans to address any schedule delays.;
- Supports the EPC Contractor's activities with respect to Process engineering execution including:
- Validates all affected parties are familiar with Process engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements;
- Validates that the EPC Contractor staffs the Process teams with adequate numbers of qualified personnel;
- Validates that the EPC Contractor employs the appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software;
- Validates that the EPC Contractor adheres to all appropriate specifications and standards;
- Validates that the EPC Contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract;
- Supports the requirement for the EPC Contractor to control the Process work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting;
- Validates compliance with EPC Contractor design verification processes.
o Offshore facilities design, construction, and operations;o Engineering execution;
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemical/Process engineering discipline;• 15+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years of which should be at the senior Facilities / Process engineering / engineering supervision level;
• Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills;• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities;
• Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results;• Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking);
• Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Facilities engineering disciplines;• Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills;
• Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills;• Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.; • Willing and able to travel as required.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement