About this role: Demand Supply Planner
About this role: Demand Supply Planner
On behalf of our client, a global Oil & Gas operator, Brunel is seeking for an experienced Supply Planner to join the Perth team.
The Supply Planner will be responsible for driving the SC Capacity Planning (procurement, logistics, materiel, services) to support decisions across strategic contracting, infrastructure creation) and tactical (reprioritisation of demand, spot hiring) time horizons by presenting options, what-if analyses and data (cost/benefit) to support trade-off decisions.
- Accountable to deliver SC Integrated Demand Plan by making demand for SC resources (materials, people, logistics resources, services, contracts, etc.) visible through collaboration with
- Functional & IAPS Planners for East Browse.
- Accountable for SC demand forecasting for non-activity driven demand (e.g. replenishment)
- Accountable to translate the SC Integrated Demand into a SC Capacity Plan to support the Asset business plan (availability/reliability, costs and safety), highlight opportunities, risks, define mitigations and deliver “what-if” scenarios, make recommendations to be discussed at the Integrated Activity Planning (e.g. IAPS or other, as operational in Assets) and agree on solutions applying “enterprise first perspective”.
- Review progress of approved SC demand and Capacity Plan perform gatekeeping on potential demand changes and drive for efficient solutions where changing priorities and available capacity clashes.
- Maintain an overview of available SC resources: capacity constraints, availability, utilisation, and cost to drive optimisation and right-sizing
- Accountable for SC Plan performance management (KPI’s) and forecast accuracy of the SC Integrated Plan.
- Define and agree demand data requirements with Functional/IAPS planners in terms of granularity at relevant planning horizons, systems/tools for demand capture, timing of demand capture, etc.
- Work with planners (Functional/IAPS) and perform gatekeeping to ensure that the demand plan is delivered on time with required granularity/quality as per agreed demand planning process
- Collect SC demand requirements as per agreed process to provide materials & services, logistics (move people/materiel/waste etc.) from appropriate IT systems/repositories (including all functional demand from projects, turn arounds, drilling campaigns, etc.).
- Responsible to balance integrated demand with planned supply and identify/act upon expected overor/and underutilisation of SC capacity.Publish/hand over signed off SC plans for each cycle to the SC ‘Source’ and ‘Deliver’ teams for execution
- Provide reports to SC leadership for strategic decision making on contracting and provision of SC resources
- Manages demand change by using the formal change request tools and techniques to ensure visibility, informed decision-making and minimum disruption to the business.
- Review progress of the approved plan, opportunities, identify threats and agree remedial actions.
- Support the inventory analyst to translate supply plans to inventory strategy (Stock/Non-Stock decisions, inventory parameters etc).
- Support the SC Planning manager in identifying and driving improvement opportunities.
- Perform planning activities in compliance with AMS MSC & Recommended Practises and the SC and (IAPS) Planning guidelines.
- Negotiates with the different teams across the Supply Chain when capacity is available for improvement (incl. investment recovery on surplus inventory, grey stock removal) project.Align supply with demand to meet service levels at competitive costs (long term and mid-term).
- Receive from the Material Management analyst an overview of materiel requests which require capacity to do TAMAP/supplier qualification and requests which miss a request for material movement, rental, repair and waste removal.
- Checks outstanding requests for creation of waste and L&H plans for SME review/creation for timely closure to avoid surprises in capacity planning.
- Align supply with demand to meet service levels at competitive costs (long term and mid-term), discuss with other planners' opportunities and proposals to optimise.
- Optimises the spread of demand across contracted suppliers in line with commercial strategy.
- Review progress of approved plan identify slippage and agree remedial action measures confirm no clashes within FAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Chain, gained through operations or excellence roles in Planning/ Logistics/ Materials Management/ Contracting and Procurement
- Able to understand the business activities, interpret business demand and translate this into SC demand to deliver a safe and rationalised SC Demand Plan balancing costs and agreed service level.
- Able to understand the customers organisation and business targets and translate them into SC goals
- In-depth understanding of E2E SC Chain with the focus on SC planning and SC segmentation techniques to drive value delivery through timely visibility of demand.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technology and work with different demand planning tools
- Able to manage and analyse significant amounts of data
- Solid understanding of inventory- and material management practices and procedures.
- Understand and apply use of analytics and process indicators to drive continuous improvement
- Strong E2E process management thinking
- Demonstrate strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to apply Enterprise First thinking balancing needs of the overall organization and the needs of single businesses
- Be an effective and clear communicator able to manage conflicts in a sensible, fair and efficient manner
- Able to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders across the business and influence without authority
- Demonstrate ability to analyse, monitor, influence and manage progress and follow up as required
- Be a creative thinker, demonstrating intellectual curiosity and challenging the status quo
- Create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services
- Certification in Lean/Six Sigma tools preferred
- External supply chain qualifications and/or memberships preferred (e.g. APICS)
- Understand and able to apply the Supply Chain planning process, the associated cost and performance drivers and relevant risk.
- Experience with logistics activities (different modes of transport and with supply base activities) in a planning, operational or excellence role.
- Based in Perth
- Monday to Friday
- Competitive Rates
- Work with a Global Oil & Gas operator
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth